Thursday 22 August 2013

The Mermaid

So... I apologise for the lack of activity. I am currently on holiday! I thought I would share my latest piece of artwork here. It has taken me ages to complete, and I'm very happy with the end result:
 
Why did I draw a mermaid? No reason. Just felt like it :) It was drawn with fineliner pens, over a basic 2-D pencil outline of the shapes of the figure and rock she is sitting on.

If you look closely (sorry the picture is quite small) you may see a tear in her eye. There is also a small scratch on her arm, and on the point of the rock to the left hand side, there is a locket hanging from the rock. My idea was that she was in love with a sailor, who gave her the locket, but now has to leave. They argued and she was cut, and now she sits on the rock weeping for him....
It's also meant to be night time, because of the stars, and the reasonably dark sky. So that's it I suppose, I really hope you like her!

Yellow Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment